|Real Name||Derek Sanderson Jeter|
|Birth Place||Pequannock, New Jersey, United States|
|D.O.B||June 26, 1974|
|Nickname||“Captain Clutch” and “Mr. November”|
|Height||6 ft 3 in or 191 cm|
|Weight||89 kg or 196 lbs|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$185 million|
Derek Sanderson Jeter is an American former professional baseball shortstop who was born on 26th July 1974 in Pequannock Township, New Jersey. He debuted in the major leagues at age 21 in 1995. He entered as rookie but gained a lot of popularity because of his game, won the Rookie of the Year Award, and helped the team win the 1996 World Series. He is the Yankees’ all-time career leader in hits (3,465), doubles (544), games played (2,747), stolen bases (358), times on base (4,716), plate appearances (12,602) and at bats (11,195).
Jeter is one of the most heavily marketed athletes of his generation and is involved in several product endorsements. His personal life and relationships with celebrities have drawn the attention of the media throughout his career. Teammates and opponents alike regard Jeter as a consummate professional and one of the best players of his generation.
- Attended University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Awards and achievement:
- 14× All-Star (1998–2002, 2004, 2006–2012, 2014)
- 5× World Series champion (1996, 1998–2000, 2009)
- World Series MVP (2000)
- AL Rookie of the Year (1996)
- 5× Gold Glove Award (2004–2006, 2009–2010)
- 5× Silver Slugger Award (2006–2009, 2012)
- 2× AL Hank Aaron Award (2006, 2009)
- Roberto Clemente Award (2009)
- New York Yankees No. 2 retired
- New York Yankees captain (2003–2014)
- The Life You Imagine: Life Lessons for Achieving Your Dreams
- The Contract
- Jeter Unfiltered
- Change Up
- Baseball Genius
- Fair Ball
- The Contract Series: The Contract; Hit & Miss; Change Up
- Derek Jeter’s All-Star Manual
- Hit & Miss
- Wrote about his desire to become a Yankees’ shortstop in an eighth-grade essay.
- Authored Game Day: My Life On and Off the Field and The Life You Imagine: Life Lessons for Achieving Your Dreams. Both titles were released in 2001.
- In 1996, founded the Turn 2 Foundation, which strives to help youths stay away from drugs and alcohol.
- Was named the American League Rookie of the Year in 1996 and the MVPs of the 2000 World Series and the 2000 All Star game.
- Named one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2009, broke the record for most hits in New York Yankees franchise history. The record had previously been held by Lou Gehrig with 2721 hits.
- Took part in contentious negotiations with the Yankees between the 2010 and 2011 seasons before signing a three-year contact (with a fourth-year option). Jeter’s statistical decline the previous year made for edgy words between the shortstop and Yankee management, concerned about further performance erosion.
- Set Yankees franchise stolen base record in May, 2011, when he swiped bag number 326.
- Collected his 3,000 career hit on July 9, 2011, with a home run; Jeter had five hits in all in that game, and the final one proved to be the one that won the game.
- Hannah Davis — Wife
- Charles Jeter — Father
- Sharlee Jeter — Sister
- Mariah Carey — Ex-significant Other
- Dorothy Jeter — Mother
- Jessica Biel — Ex-significant Other
- Minka Kelly — Ex-significant Other
- Vanessa Lachey — Ex-significant Other
Social Profiles of Derek Jeter