|Real Name||Virat Kohli|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|DOB||5th Nov 1988|
|Nickname||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight(Approx)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Physical||Chest- 42 inches
Waist- 30 inches
Biceps- 14 inches
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot.|
|Likes||Watching Roger Federer playing, Watching old cricket videos, like soccer and tennis, love to drive, crazy for Sushi, meeting old friends|
|Dislikes||Too many guests at home, sitting ideal for long time|
|Hobbies||Workout, travelling , singing, dancing|
|Net Worth||Rs 400 cr|
Presently he is the captain of Indian cricket team. He was born on 5th Nov 1988 i.e. 28 year old in Delhi, India. His other names are Cheeku and VR (Nickname). Virat kohli is a right-handed batsman and is regarded as one of the best batsman in world. He made his first debut in 2006. He was captain of Indian Under-19 cricket team in 2008. Under his captaincy India won Under-19 world cup in 2008 in Malaysia. Few months later he made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka at the age of 19.
Virat soon made himself a regular player of ODI and was the part of team India who won 2011 World Cup at the age of 19. He was at no. 1 in ICC Ranking of ODI batsman in 2013. He was entitled with man of the Tournament twice in ICC World Twenty20 Tournament in 2014 and 2016.
Virat was appointed as Vice-Captain of Indian cricket team in 2012 and then became the Test match captain 2014 after Dhoni ‘s retirement from Test. He finally became the captain of Indian cricket team in 2017.
He plays for Royal Challenger Bangalore in Indian Premier league (IPL) as captain since 2013.
He is the first ever batsman to score double centuries in four consecutive series in Tests. He got those against West Indies(200), New Zealand (211), England (235) and Bangladesh (204).
Records and achievements
- Fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs (in 52 balls) Milestones
- Fastest Indian to reach 1,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and third fastest in the world to reach 4,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 5,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 6,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 7,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 15 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 20 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 25 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
Most runs in a calendar year / series
- Most ODI runs in 2010 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2011 by any cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2012 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2013 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2014 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2016 by an Indian cricketer
- Most Test runs in 2012 by an Indian cricketer
- Most Test runs in 2015 by an Indian cricketer
- Most Test runs in 2016 by an Indian cricketer
- First cricketer to score three centuries in his first three innings as Test captain
- First Indian Test captain to score a double century overseas
- First Indian Test captain to score two or more double centuries
- Fastest captain to score 1000 ODI runs.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year 2012.
- ICC World ODI XI : 2012,2014,2016.
- BCCI ‘s Polly Umrigar Award for International cricketer of the year:2011-12,2014-15,2015-16.
- Padma Shri:2017
- Arjuna Award: 2013.
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2011-12,2013-14.
Virat Kohli is one of the best and the most followed personality of Indian cricket team. Here are some quotes which show his ambition in his game.
- In the game of cricket, a hero is a person who respects the game and does not corrupt the game. The one who corrupt the game are the villain. They should be punished and they have been punished in the past.
- ”I like to be myself, and I don’t pretend. For instance, I don’t dress up for occasions; I am what I am.
- .”I love tattos. And mine symbolize who I really am. I have a Samurai on my left arm. At a subconscious level, I connect to this warrior and model myself on his discipline, skills and honor. There is also a tribal tattoo and a Chinese symbol of faith. I have seen a lot of people getting tattoos just because it’s a trend.”
- A fit body gives you confidence. And there’s nothing more impressive than a great attitude, which you can wear on your sleeve. But you’ll have to remember the difference between being rude and being confident.”
- Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.”
- ”Whatever you want to do, do with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don’t look anywhere else. There will be a few distractions, but if you can be true to yourself, you will be successful for sure.
- ”The people you choose to have around you make all the difference. My family and close friends keep me grounded. You have to have a mind of your own and a strong head on your shoulders. Cricket is the most important thing to me, so the rest of it pales in comparison.”
Social Profiles of Virat Kohli.